Friday, July 27, 2007

Letter From An Old Jewish Poet


Letter from an Old Jewish Poet


* dedicated to my friend Ed Galing





Your are like a son to me.


I love your work.


Again


I have included a small poem,


so it shouldn't be missed,


I am old,


certainly


not a reason to publish this.





And how about that boychick


on the Coast?


God forbid


he should publish my work,


like a son to me too


but such a callow jerk!





And mister big shot editor


why do you publish her?


she's nothing but


a cat-loving cur!





As you know


I am an old man


weathered its true ,


and most-of-all- remember


I am a Jew....



Did I tell you?


You remind me of my son.


But truth


be told


you both


ain't that young.





But you can imagine


my outrage


when my name


does not appear


on that page,


and I realize


my time is short


on this


relentless stage.


-- Doug Holder

No comments: